We all know that our core plugins are having more and more issues with every update. A majority of them were long ago abandoned by their developers and are discontinued, only running due to pure luck or due to some tweaks made by our Developer brainiac94.
I do not wish to wait until the boat that we've been repairing with nothing but cheap wooden planks starts sinking. I aim to replace the plugins of which i don't expect any additional updates in the near future.
This includes but may not be limited to:
- Essentials (The dev moved on to develop Sponge. Essentials has many improved community forks that can be used)
- BOSEconomy (As part of the economy overhaul, a two year old plugin simply needs to go for something else)
- ecoCreature (Quite possibly the most broken plugin we are running and undoubtedly responsible for some of our lags, this needs to go)
- HawkEye (While i'm not sure on this one, finding a good replacement may be a good idea now that development on HawkEye Reloaded seems to have ceased. Still, this will likely be the most difficult one to replace)
- GlobalMarket (The newer versions of this plugin did in fact break immediately, wich is why this was never updated. I will look into this and either properly update or replace it with a similiar plugin)
In addition, the following plugins will be re-installed using their latest available dev-builds and a freshly generated and re-adjusted configuration file:
- WorldGuard and WorldEdit (still kept up to date, but loosely. We are running both on a config that was generated in 2015)
- LWC (the database is crawling with old data and the parameters defined in the plugin config are years old and could use a reset
Of course i will keep everyone updated on core plugins changing, since you'll all want to know the new commands i assume! :D
Keep in mind tho: New plugins will go through a testing phase of multiple days or even weeks if needed. During this period, certain functions may be unavailable or heavily altered.