A fresh start? What does "Server 2.0" mean?
Hello! Thank you for taking your time to read this! <3
Whether you are a new player or a seasoned veteran, you have propably run into one of the following problems at least once:
- Random server lags (I swear, this sheep shouldn't be flying.)
- Broken or missing features that shouldn't be...well...broken or missing (Why aren't you wearing any pants?)
- Cluttered and chaotic chat (I've said it 3 times and i'm still drowned out by all these colors!)
- Lack of documentation on who does what (Seriously, who IS that guy in the fancy suit?)
- There is nothing more for you to do (Can i build a castle made from diamond blocks?)
A lot of these problems have one reason in common: Age.
As the server ages (and it's old!), information and stories tend to get buried under the sands of time and plugins and features tend to break. Both the servers user experience and technical side needs polishing and well....how do i put it....
"There is a thick layer of dust setting on my furniture."
So far the servers dedicated staff team and our lovable community have done an amazing job at keeping everything going.
It's like a car engine with a hundred individual parts working together to generate torgue and push the heavy metal shell that is our server forwards. Over the past years however, we (especially I as the server Owner) have missed out on some important scheduled maintenances for our engine and so it's losing its power, running on stale old fuel and whatever cooling agent it has left.
Essentially, Server 2.0 is supposed to be our much needed pit stop to get that engine back up to power and run another hundred laps with it!
To do that, i'm going for the bold approach of simply setting the server up again from scratch with only the newest software.
Additonally, i plan to vastly extend the gameplay (especially Endgame!) content on our server way past what vanilla Minecraft offers without changing the servers nature to give even the most knowledgeable players something to ponder about (if they so wish).
This is the servers biggest and most ambitious project since its opening many years ago and i do hope that I can apply my l33t haxx0r adm1n skills and go through with all my plans, not alone but with the help of my amazing community and staff team.
Before anyone starts spreading rumors though, please keep the following in mind:
- EVERYTHING that is part of the Server 2.0 project is subject to change!
- We will NOT abandon our roots, survival freebuild will always be the core of our server that we will build on!
- Everyone is given a key to the new content once (and if) it becomes available. Noone is forced to use it.
- No, we still won't take any donations. I'm actually allergic to money, which is why i'm giving it to Nitrado.
Please return to the main page and partake in the discussion on each topic if you have questions, ideas, suggestions or wishes!